- Let the fiddles take center stage (on the plate) - simple recipe here!
- Serve and Italian feast - recipe here!
- Cab or freeze then - here's how!
- Spice them up with Emeril- here's how!
- Serve them with quinoa - here's how!
- Decorate with them - you read that right! Look here!
Here's one thing NOT to do with fresh fiddlehead ferns:
- Do NOT consume them raw or undercooked!
Here are the facts: Fresh fiddlehead ferns have to be thoroughly washed after picking. (Here at Ruma's, we do this step). Upon delivery, be sure to wash them again. Fiddleheads must be boiled or steamed prior to using them in recipes. Be cautious!
From our friends at the University of Maine: read more information about consuming fiddleheads
We have fresh fiddleheads for sale! Order here!