We stumbled on his Fiddlehead Fern and Angel Hair Pasta recipe and had to share:
- 1 pound fiddlehead ferns
- 1 pound angel hair pasta
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon truffle oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Grated Parmesan, for garnish
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, blanch the fiddleheads until they are crisp-tender, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove the fiddleheads from the water and shock them in a bowl of ice water (unless you are going to use them immediately).
- Drop angel hair pasta into the same pot of boiling water used for fiddleheads.
- Boil for 3 to 5 minutes or until al dente.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat olive oil.
- Saute fiddlehead ferns, green onions, and red pepper flakes for 2 minutes.
- Drain pasta and add to skillet.
- Toss with truffle oil and salt and pepper.
- Divide pasta among 4 plates and garnish with grated cheese.
What are you planning to do with your fresh fiddlehead ferns?
You can buy Fresh Fiddlehead ferns at Ruma's!