Recipe from Food52.com
- 1/2 pound fiddleheads
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons white miso
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon black sesame seeds
1. Wash and pat dry your fiddleheads. Once dried, cut the brown ends off and immediately place in a pot of water to prevent re-browning.
2. Bring your fiddleheads to a boil and gently boil for 10-12 minutes, then immediately remove them from the hot water and submerge in cold water to stop further cooking.
3. Mix together brown sugar, white miso, rice vinegar, ginger, and water until smooth, and set aside.
4. In a pan, heat the sesame oil over medium heat, then add the fiddleheads. Sauté 1 minute. Add the brown sugar and miso mixture to the pan and cook for an another 2 minutes until the sauce becomes bubbly and thick.
5. Garnish with black sesame seeds and serve immediately
To buy fresh fiddleheads for shipment from our facility outside of Boston, MA click the link below.