You will need:
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup fiddleheads
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms (morels would be ideal)
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 4 ounces ricotta or cream cheese
- 2 sprigs chopped parsley (optional)
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Clean the fiddleheads, making sure to remove brown fuzz. Then cook in boiled water for about 10 minutes. Rinse and trim ends.
2. Sauté minced garlic and sliced mushrooms in olive oil until tender. An oiled cast iron pan is recommended.
3. Add cooked fiddleheads, salt and pepper, cook a few more minutes until everything is tender.
4. Lower heat, if you are using chopped parsley add it now.
5. In another bowl, beat the eggs with a pinch of salt. Add cheese -- okay to leave dollops.
6. Add the egg mixture to the vegetables, stir a little to evenly distribute it. Cook over low-med heat until eggs begin to set, around 10 minutes.
7. Finish cooking under broiler, for about 3 minutes. Serve hot or at room temperature.
Check out Food52.com for more great fiddlehead recipes!
To buy fresh fiddleheads for shipment from our facility just outside of Boston, MA click the link below.