Until then, we have this prepped and ready! Can you tell we are excited!?
We found this Fiddlehead Cashew Stirfry recipe as we were looking around our Pinterest Board. Are you pinning as well?
Gather your mis en place:
- 2 cups fresh or frozen fiddleheads (we like fresh ones, of course!)
- 1 cup snow peas
- 1 cup diced carrots (coins)
- 1 cup fresh beansprouts
- 1/2 cup chopped brown mushrooms
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1 Tbsp butter or oil (butter is richer)
- 1 tsp fresh ground ginger root
- Garlic & Tamari soy sauce to taste
- Wash and prepare the fiddleheads by removing the fuzzy fronds and cutting off any dry ends. Prepare other vegetables and ginger.
- Preheat butter or oil in wok or sautee pan, medium heat.
- Stir-fry the fiddleheads for 10-12 minutes (longer for frozen) until the fiddleheads take on a vibrant green shade and are soft (fully cooked, not crunchy!). Cook longer if the fiddleheads are at all crunchy.
- Add carrots, peas, mushrooms, cashews, ginger garlic and soy sauce.
- Add beansprouts last.
- Cook another 1-2 minutes until all veggies are cooked but not too soft.
- Serve with rice or fine rice stick noodles and classical violin music.